Using my hands as the subject in this weeks project was interesting. I never thought about using my hands to display a type of art. I also did not realize the the shadows and the amount of lines I have in my hands. Overall I enjoyed using my hands, it was an interesting concept.
I choose to use a pencil for this project because it was easier to grip with my left hand when I had to create the image of my right hand.
I was very challenging using my left hand to create an image of my right. Although I do many things with my left hand I am very incapable of drawing or writing with my left hand (as you can see above). I was having a hard time griping the pencil but I also found it very challenging trying to draw shadows and lines in my right hand with my left hand.
I think that the successful part of this study is showing that my right hand is a lot more dominant than my left hand. I was able to capture the images I desired with my right hand but with my left I was having a hard time with simple details such as lines and the shape of my hand. My left hand drawing I was able to capture of shadows and lines I wanted to.
I would absolutely not use my left hand for future artwork. I would need many years of practice to be able to draw and portray images I desire for artwork. I was not comfortable drawing with my left either, it was difficult griping the pencil and well as trying to try my right hand. I think that any artwork in the future will not look good if I use my left hand. As you can see in my image above I am much more comfortable creating artwork with my right hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment